Do you want to play better golf, the Foresight Way?
It's a proven fact that how well we play significantly affects how much fun we have. Foresight Golf wants our customers to have the most fun possible and has made the commitment to helping our customers improve their enjoyment of the game. We have come to realize that the only way to improve is to have the right balance of quality instruction and productive practice. Being able to enjoy affordable instruction from qualified teachers is a huge part of the improvement process. We have developed a revolutionary Golf Instruction & Lessons Program, Play Better Golf - The Foresight Golf Way, that will enable you to begin, learn and grow in the game and still afford to play golf, too! Our commitment to the sport isn't just about our courses, it's about helping you have the most fun and the best golf experience possible. We believe that this will ultimately be good for you, good for us and good for the game of golf!
Director of Better Golf: Jonathan (JJ) Lindsey
Jonathan (J.J.) Lindsey believes that the majority of golf instruction makes the golf swing more complex than it needs to be. He helps students improve their play by reducing the golf swing into simple and easy to understand terms and movements. He believes everyone can improve at golf by balancing continuous instruction, practice and play.
J.J. is a San Antonio area product who was homeschooled and taught to play golf by Former Foresight Play Better Golf Instructor Tom Olson and Jim Barker. He was the No. 1 ranked junior and 2011-12 Player of the Year by GolfSanAntonio.org and posted five top-10 finishes in GolfWeek- and American Junior Golf Association-ranked tournaments. Registering a 73.5 stroke average and three individual victories in junior events, he won the 2011 Greater San Antonio Junior Match Play Championship, defeating five opponents in matches after firing a six-under 66 in the opening round. He carded a three-over 216 (76-70-70) at the 2011 GSA Junior Championship and won the 2011 U.S. Junior Amateur Qualifier at Briggs Ranch with a two-over 146 (74-72). He recorded a 153 (76-77) and missed the cut by just one stroke at the 2011 U.S. Junior Amateur in Bremerton, Wash. J.J. finished seventh in a field of 94 players with a 221 (71-78-72) at the Texas Junior Golf Tour’s Holiday Classic in Austin. He placed 10th with a 147 (75-72) at the 2011 U.S. Amateur Qualifier in a field of 60 players who were current or former collegiate golfers.
After his accomplished junior career he has went on to play collegiate golf in his home town at The University of Texas-San Antonio. He has played in every event since his sophomore season. The highlight of his freshman career is he led the Conference USA tournament after his first round of play. Jonathan has won the San Antonio Open the past two years as an amateur.
How Do You Participate?
Join The Republic's Men's Golf Association or Women's Golf Association! These associations have been developed to encourage you to work on your game, meet new golfers, receive affordable golf lessons, and enjoy the camaraderie of friendly competition all adding up to enjoying golf more! The association memberships include:
- USGA Handicap Service - you have to have a handicap to play in most tournaments and getting a handicap is one of the best ways to track your improvement!
- $20 Individual 30-minute lessons - providing you affordable instruction from qualified instructors is the driving force behind our Play Better Golf program. One-on-one teaching allows you to focus on what you need to do in order to play better.
- $5/person Group lessons - learning together is fun and can be quite rewarding! You glean the benefits of other golfers questions and input and have fun doing it!
- Designated Weekly and Evening Association Group Play Dates with Hospitality and Prizes - a chance to take what you've learned to the course and enjoy a some friendly competition as a team. Add a nice food & beverage special after play along with prizes and you've got yourself a fun evening enjoying golf!
- 10% off Non-Sale Golf Shop Merchandise or Special Order Merchandise - once you start playing better you'll probably want to dress the part! Look good and swing away!!
- Free Junior Clinics for Kids on Saturday Afternoons - all sports are easier to learn when you're young, and starting your little golfer with the right grip, stance and swing is the best foundation they can have. And, it gives you time to work on your swing while they're learning theirs!
- Free Green Fee When You Refer A New Member - have a friend that keeps threatening to learn to play? Now's the chance to help them start on the right foot and get a little benefit yourself!
The Annual Association Fee is only $49.99
That's about the price of one lesson from your "usual" golf instructor. Once you've signed-up you'll then be presented a MGA or WGA Membership Card and are well on your way to playing better golf! Fill out the form on the right to get started today!